Putting the ‘i’ back into British Innovation
Putting the ‘i’ into Inventing the Future
Putting the ‘i’ into Inspiring the Nation
myenergi is a rapidly growing energy-sector start-up based in North-East Lincolnshire. The company designs and manufactures consumer products which enable households to monitor and manage the daily electricity flows within their premises. The company currently employs over 350 staff engaged in product development, manufacturing, customer support, sales, marketing, and finance. We have recently moved into a new headquarters building and a planning a new factory is planned for 2023 to support our continued growth.
Due to the continued rapid business growth and expansion of our Engineering team, we are looking to recruit an experienced firmware engineer to support the EVSE (Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment) team.
The successful candidate will a strong track record in bare metal programming in C on 32-bit platforms such as ARM Cortex-M or ESP32, and will have extensive experience implementing secure communications over Ethernet. Demonstrable experience using the TCP/IP protocols, TLS and managing X.509 certificates is essential.
We will also consider experience with :
- Secured Over the Air firmware updates with Secure Boot
- Secure File Systems (AES-XTS etc..)
- EV charging related protocols (EN 61851-1, OCPP, ISO 15118)
- Renewables Energy Systems (Generation, Battery Storage…)
We’re looking for someone with a deep interest in electrical and electronic devices, good attention to detail, the ability to keep accurate records and organise your work. You will be joining a wider team a around 25 Engineers, in charge of all our product design, prototyping and testing.
Our approach ensures compliance with industry best practice and emerging standards such as PAS1878/1879 and ETSI TS 303 645
- Embedded firmware development to MISRA-C.
- Ownership of firmware projects within the EVSE Engineering.
- Engaging in Continuous Professional Development to stay up to date with new standards, advanced in firmware development, microprocessor and coding best practice.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A relevant engineering degree or equivalent experience.
- Working towards Chartered Engineer or with equivalent experience.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
What myenergi offer you:
- Free charging of electric vehicles on site.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Mental Health First Aiders across the business, let's be there for each other
- Career Development & Encouragement
- Employee Empowerment
- Free onsite parking
- Positive working environment
- EV salary sacrifice scheme
- Birthday leave – because everyone deserves a day off for their birthday right?
myenergi is committed to being an equal opportunity, diverse and inclusive employer. We want a supportive and inclusive environment where our colleagues can reach their full potential without prejudice and discrimination. We are committed to a culture where respect and understanding is fostered, and the diversity of peoples backgrounds and circumstances will be positively valued.